Happy Tuesday Everyone!
With most of the country experiencing extremely cold weather lately, I thought a nice comfort food recipe would warm some of you up. I know that a lot of people have a love it or hate it attitude when it comes to Meatloaf. I actually love it. But if you do not like it, no worries I totally understand....now go sit in the corner. I like tweaking recipes a little to add my own touch, plus I can say that it has a vegetable in it. So here is the recipe for my Bleu Cheese Spinach Meatloaf. I hope you enjoy it!
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
2 pounds ground meat (I prefer an 80/20 to make it nice and moist)
1/2 cup ketchup for mixture
1/4 cup of ketchup for top
1/3 cup mustard, (optional. but tastes sooooo good)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup frozen spinach (thawed)
1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until evenly combined. I mix it with my hands, messy yes, but this way really gets all the ingredients mixed together.
- I use a 9"x13" pan. Place half the hamburger mixture in the bottom of the pan , pressing down to get one even layer.
- Next, take your thawed spinach and sprinkle over your first layer then do the same thing with your crumbled bleu cheese on top of the spinach.
- Take the remaining mixture of hamburger and cover spinach and bleu cheese. Pressing down firmly. Take 1/4 cup of ketchup and spread over top evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Enjoy!